homestead - Re: [Homestead] Georgia water woes

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Georgia water woes
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:58:04 -0400

Normal would be in the mid 50's Rob, so that is 20 some odd inches down, which makes a huge difference in area lakes and water supplies. Remember, we don't have water stored in a snow pack, just the lakes.

Rob wrote:

I had heard about the 'drought' in the south and how things were looking really bad for the Atlanta area, then I heard that they only had 31".

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ffc/html/rainfall_scorecard.shtml
Now 31" is not where it usually is but that's a lot of rain to call it a drought.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky