homestead - Re: [Homestead] Georgia water woes

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Georgia water woes
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:48:09 -0400

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 7:47 PM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> Isn't it weird how far apart we are from our sibs on things?

Yes!

> Ha! To borrow a phrase, "Who *are* these people?"

No kidding. My brother, a contractor, would prefer to build houses without
kitchens because, in his opinion, no one cooks anymore.

They eat out minimum 3x a week but usually more often. He thinks it saves
time, not to mention that they relax and talk while the meal is made for
them. No cleanup. And hey, everyone gets to eat exactly what they want!
That's how my niece and nephew are being raised, to think this is normal.

My whole family thinks my brother is absolutely amazing because he's been
very successful financially speaking. They envy his lifestyle. All but me.

If he wasn't my brother, I wouldn't associate with him.

Lisa