homestead - Re: [Homestead] Georgia water woes

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Georgia water woes
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 14:28:21 -0400

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 12:18 PM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> Even under the worst of times all they'd have to
> do is stop watering lawns, filling swimming pools, and washing cars. Can
> you
> imagine how many times you can get a glass of water and flush on what it
> takes
> to fill a swimming pool!

http://www.gainesville.org/citydepartments.publicutilities.waterrestrictionsandconservation.asp

My brother lives in Gainesville GA and is violating the Drought Level 4
water restriction by continuing to fill his salt water pool. No one seems to
be checking pools in subdivisions. If he's doing it, many others are as
well.

We visited last Thanksgiving and noted the full pool. I asked about the
drought and the pool. His reply was it took less water to keep it filled
year round than to drain and refill. He planned to keep it full.

I noted elsewhere on the site that Gainesville recently implemented an
increase in the cost of water based on how much you use. He won't care as he
has deep pockets.

Lisa