homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Truth About Organic Gardening

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Truth About Organic Gardening
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:53:18 -0500

Buying local grown or made product has more impact on your own local economy
than buying something 'from away' does even though you're supporting a local
business. I believe the stats have been posted on this list before. Wish I
had the link handy. It's nothing new.

In some cases, I think local is far more important than organic. If you know
the grower and they tell you it's non-GMO or not certified but natural,
that's good enough for me.

Lisa