homestead - Re: [Homestead] Test

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Test
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 19:57:53 -0500

Bill Jones wrote:
I searched online for "purple dirt" and found several types, one formed from amethyst mine trailings, one formed from silver mine trailings, and another: soil contaminated with benzene. None of these sounds like yours. Anything is possible on a tiny scale somewhere. Somewhere in Utah, there's a soil that's blue from vanadyl sulfate, for example, where the predominant mineral matter is vanadium-based.
There are only three reasons I can think of, but maybe Bev has another.

I wouldn't have a clue. I've never heard of Purple Dirt. Sorry..

Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.