homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cornbread season--stovetop?

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cornbread season--stovetop?
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:16:32 +0000

my pawpaw has a grist mill and grinds corn for all the family every year. i
use the corn meal, and the grits, plus a fine flour that comes from making
the grits. i use the fine flour for fish fry. i am so spoiled to the fresh
stuff, but this was his last year making it. it's very difficult and time
consuming and he's getting old. wish i were closer so i could help out so he
could keep doing it. maybe one day i'll inherit the mill and can bring it up
here and we can start up the tradition again.

roxann, nw ar