homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cornbread season--stovetop?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cornbread season--stovetop?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 07:55:57 -0600

I don't but only because I've never gotten around to getting a
grinder. One of the reasons that I'd like to grind my own is that
ground corn that has gone off is nasty -- the reason that most of the
commercial stuff is degerminated. You have to buy it from a source
that has a high turnover and then keep it in the freezer if you don't
use it right away.