homestead - Re: [Homestead] gas prices

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] gas prices
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 09:31:26 -0700

Considering the recent discussion how about this quote from Gene Logsdon:

"The best use of corn in my opinion is to make good bourbon. At least we might die happy if our civilization crashes like the corn-dependent Mayan culture did. It is a crying shame, but the best Kentucky bourbons are rarely available in my corn belt county and I bet not in yours either. Since ethanol is nothing more than corn whiskey, why not convert all those ethanol plants to distilleries, hire experienced Kentucky distillers to run them, and sell the product at $125 a gallon rather than the measly $3.50 a gallon that subsidized ethanol costs? Farming might actually become profitable. "

From:
http://www.energybulletin.net/30720.html

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com