homestead - Re: [Homestead] gas prices

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] gas prices
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:03:09 -0700 (PDT)

There is, of course, a downside to everything. I've
seen a study that indicated that, if solar became our
primary source of energy, much of the sun's heat that
currently is reflected away, would be retained on the
earth. So much heat would be retained that could
cause it's own global warming.
I don't know how much solar energy would be required
to make a measurable difference but I'm sure the this
could be a real problem.
this doesn't mean that I think we shouldn't be using
as much solar as possible to ameliorate our current
problems. But once again "there is no free lunch".
There is no solution that doesn't bring it's problems.
If there were only 1 million on this planet I'm sure
none of this would be a problem at all.
Van Dell

could cause more