homestead - Re: [Homestead] gas prices

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] gas prices
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 13:17:47 -0500

On 6/7/07, VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com> wrote:
There is, of course, a downside to everything. I've
seen a study that indicated that, if solar became our
primary source of energy, much of the sun's heat that
currently is reflected away, would be retained on the
earth. So much heat would be retained that could
cause it's own global warming.

Can you remember who did the study? It seems that sunlight either
reaches Earth or is reflected away. If it hits a plant, then the
energy is transformed, but it's still on Earth. I'm curious to know
how that would work (unless the solar collectors were outside the
atmosphere?)

Marie