homestead - Re: [Homestead] gas prices

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] gas prices
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 17:43:56 -0700

My fond visions run along those lines. If there were public transportation
available at the main highway (US 421) six miles from here, all we'd need is
the donkey cart to get us and our goods to and from there. Not having nor
needing a personal motorized vehicle woud be a profound blessing. </HTML>

Yes, indeedy. During my Japan years I was quite impressed with how the lowly bicycle could be used. Of course, Yokohama and Tokyo do not have the hills and hollers and steep inclines and declines between. But it would take far less motor and battery to propel a bike with a small trailer than even the smallest electric car.

I have an old Yamaha dirt bike, small engine, gathering dust in the barn. I may well see about making it operational again. The grandsons sure hope I do.