homestead - Re: [Homestead] Notes From The Farm (Winter 2007)

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Notes From The Farm (Winter 2007)
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:53:16 -0800

At 2/6/2007, you wrote:
In this map of 1947 Palestine, you can also see that no Jewish
settlements existed in the far south in modern times, nor in the ancient
past. It boggles the mind, then, why they needed to be given all the
land to the south.

Read the book "O Jerusalem" by Larry Collins and Dominique Lapierre for a good picture of what happened when Britain reached the end of the Palastine Mandate in 1947. For more background read "Proud Tower" by Barbara Touchman for background on the Balfour Declaration and the Dryfus Affair.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal

I am omnivagant.