homestead - Re: [Homestead] Notes From The Farm (Winter 2007)

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Notes From The Farm (Winter 2007)
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 17:50:31 -0600

On 2/1/07, Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com> wrote:
I'm a little leary of meanings that are defined by the television set.
Meanings for labels that people choose for themselves are far more
revealing.

I don't know about it being used on TV. I'm just talking about how
it's used in day-to-day written and spoken language as I have heard
it. Anybody can call themselves anything they want, but a word only
means something if it has a common meaning. Here are some dictionary
definitions:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/politically%20correct

Marie