homestead - Re: [Homestead] Notes From The Farm (Winter 2007)

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Notes From The Farm (Winter 2007)
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 09:16:54 -0800

The time scales of these two events differ by an order of magnitude.

The person with the last clear chance to influence the border of modern Israel was a crazed Mason who lived during your lifetime (I think, if you're over 50).

The nearest indian who might have occasionally come up to my land to hunt (far from any indian settlements) died well over a century ago, despite the relatively recent settlement of the west. If it were possible to reincarnate an actual indian (not 7/8 Danish and Scottish, or whatever), he'd still be welcome at my place. Maybe he could teach me a thing or two. Trouble is, all of his suggestions for hunting and fishing efficiently would be illegal today!

Bill
S. Oregon coast

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:

You know, I missed most of this thread, which is probably good. The
suggestion is neither sensible nor logical. When you give your land to some
indian who claims that his umpty-great grandfather lived on it, then maybe
I'll take you seriously. 'til then...

Ray