homestead - Re: [Homestead] Unpreparedness

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Unpreparedness
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:43:31 -0800

Would you believe that I don't have the slightest bit of skill? I'm all thumbs when it comes to anything mechanical or electronic. It just so happens that compressed air makes everything easy. Just think of how virtually impossible it is to combine the energy from two independent rotary power sources, for instance, and how easy it is to pool two air flows (at the same pressure, anway). Likewise, I couldn't begin to wind coils for my own motor, but I built a simple water-level detection circuit with no problems. I've just lucked out and found a way that doesn't require any real ability.

Bill
S. Oregon coast

EarthNSky wrote:

G'D'Evening Bill,
You are talking over my head, but I can sense your excitement and pride, so I am excited for you..congrats! It's always rewarding to find a cheaper way or an ingenious way to do something, and it seems you have done both, from what I understand.

Kudos,

Bev

Bill Jones wrote:

It's really funny how things come together. If I had never moved here and seen Orlando's pneumatic-controlled sawmill, or if I'd never studied electronics, I probably wouldn't have the confidence to put it all together.

Bill