homestead - Re: [Homestead] Notes From The Farm (Winter 2007)

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Notes From The Farm (Winter 2007)
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 21:47:30 -0800

That would be sensible and logical. Those qualities are forbidden in politics!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>

Maybe it all started with this, the fact that the modern map of Israel
is so much larger than ancient Judaea:

http://www.watton.org/clipart/general/map1.gif

If you look at this map of Judaea, you'll see that the "West Bank" was
wilderness. It also included none of the southern desert. It just
seems to me that it would be possible to give the Palestinians all this
land which wasn't even part of the ancient land, or at least enough to
connect Gaza with the West Bank, without removing any significant part
of what was actually (long ago) Israel's.

Bill

P. S. -- Don't you just hate those modern java-based webpages, where the
URL doesn't change when you load in the pictures? Fortunately this
isn't one. These days (of our being able to send each other links to
specific images) are numbered.