homestead - Re: [Homestead] Notes From The Farm (Winter 2007)

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Notes From The Farm (Winter 2007)
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:23:20 -0800

Lynda wrote:

The problem with Dershowitz's "version" is that he chooses to believe that it all started with the two Israeli soldiers

Maybe it all started with this, the fact that the modern map of Israel is so much larger than ancient Judaea:

http://www.watton.org/clipart/general/map1.gif

If you look at this map of Judaea, you'll see that the "West Bank" was wilderness. It also included none of the southern desert. It just seems to me that it would be possible to give the Palestinians all this land which wasn't even part of the ancient land, or at least enough to connect Gaza with the West Bank, without removing any significant part of what was actually (long ago) Israel's.

Bill

P. S. -- Don't you just hate those modern java-based webpages, where the URL doesn't change when you load in the pictures? Fortunately this isn't one. These days (of our being able to send each other links to specific images) are numbered.