homestead - Re: [Homestead] Aging lists and listmates?!

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Aging lists and listmates?!
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:53:17 -0500

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

I read recently that along with puzzles learning to reverse hands,
learning to do things like write with the non dominant hand is one
good exercise.

I believe that. Practically, it makes sense to learn to use both sides
of your body as well. It uses a different side of the brain, and forces
nerves, muscles, and vessels to work equally as hard on both sides. I
just came in from digging those holes. I'm a third of the way down on
the last one. I have blisters on both hands now, so I'm quitting for
the day. Once my right hand got blistered up, I swapped and gave my
left side a workout, thrusting the hole digger with my left arm only. I
also used a digging bar to pry up rocks so I had a lot of
leverage/resistance usage of my left arm. You never know, on a
homestead, when you might break a wrist or arm and be forced to use the
opposite side. I try to take it easy on my left arm though since it has
only been 6 months ago that I broke it.

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky