homestead - Re: [Homestead] Aging lists and listmates?!

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Aging lists and listmates?!
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:15:28 -0800 (PST)

Ray,
I am not at all offended by your question but how can
I resist the opportunity to tell you to stuff it??...
So stuff it!!
I just turned 60. family is long lived. when I do the
quizzes about life expectancy, they give me 95 to 105.
One of the anti aging techniques is learning, which
suits me fine as that is what I enjoy most anyway.
I graduated college at 40+ then returned to college as
soon as I retired, now study music. Don't do suduko,
but love crosswords and other puzzles. Also get to
practice design skills as finding the best way to lay
out a building or farm, uses a lot of the same mental
skills.
I read recently that along with puzzles learning to
reverse hands, learning to do things like write with
the non dominant hand is one good exercise.