homestead - Re: [Homestead] Aging lists and listmates?!

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Aging lists and listmates?!
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:59:31 -0500

On 12/19/06, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

Been on a bicycle recently?

My husband's parents insist that we join them at a camp in upstate PA late
summer 05. It had one of those converted rails-to-trails bike paths that
went on for 75 mi. or so. I biked every day, felt like I'd gone to a bike
spa without the spa. Man was I sore! And was I ever nervous and wobbly the
first day or two--and I used to ride around neighborhoods in the 'burbs
growing up sometimes without using my handlebars. Had fun though and great
exercise. Hadn't been on a bike in 20-25 years. Would like to incorporate
bike riding around here, but even the main U.S. Highway lacks shoulders, not
to mention the curvy secondary roads and often dirty side roads (like our
.25 dirt private drive off a 1.5 mi. public dirt road). Whenever I drive by
a runner or someone biking, I worry for them. We've thought about putting
bikes on the car and driving to a safe place to ride but haven't made the
trip yet.

Lisa