homestead - Re: [Homestead] Aging Us AKA Aging lists and listmates?!

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Aging Us AKA Aging lists and listmates?!
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:43:06 -0800 (PST)

The most important thing we are doing is planning a
house for son about 100 yards from ours. Far enough
away to have a minimum of privacy but close enough for
them to come over whenever needed.
I was so glad that my parents were able to move into
my grandmothers house, that way she didn't even have
to move out of the place she had spent all but a
couple of her 80+ years. When we would visit during
the summer we would have a four generation family, was
a great experience for my kids as well as my
grandmother. With other individuals that would not
have worked as well. But if you couldn't get along
with my grandmother and my father, you couldn't get
along with anyone.
Amos Borntregger started yesterday building the
foundations for the house. I will tell more about
that later.
Van Dell