homestead - [Homestead] The dog whisperer

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] The dog whisperer
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:04:51 -0700

I stood outside and attempted a conversation. I called her name and spoke to
her knowing she was within earshot but refusing to budge. I said that we
appreciated her protecting our farm but it would be appreciated if she could
do it with less barking. My husband thought I was nuts--and I felt pretty
looney, but figured what the hell.

I don't think that is looney at all. Lots of dogs are smart enough and attentive and responsive enough to figure out what you want if you talk to them.

Have you read any of Donald McCaig's books? Excellent writer. His dog characters talk to each other.