homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tone

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tone
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:24:06 -0500

On 12/15/06, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw AT chilitech.net> wrote:

>This list is what it is
> and pretty much always has been.

Not so. This list used to be very, very different, years ago. I've been on
since 1995 or 96 and have seen the changes. A few others (Don, Bev, Gene,
Keith, Rob) have also been here a while.

I've been around since 1998 and the whole list things ebbs and flows.

It's always been a very fiesty list, but used to be much more like family,
where people could argue, even with a lot of manure-slinging, but still
kiss and make up the next day. We were all friends and there was a basic
respect for the other person's right to have an opposing opinion. And we
talked a lot
about homesteading...fancy that.

There was more homesteading discussion over the years at various times
because we went periods such as preparing (or not preparing) for y2k
(remember that? yawn) and whenever someone new joins it sparks a few
homesteading threads. This list will go on, some will take a break, some
will quit, and others will join. Tvo's loss was felt by all, but on it goes.