homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tone

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tone
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:58:32 -0700

You're right Lynn. I was on this list back in the mid 90s and then
left and came back to the list about a year ago. There used to be much
more how to discussion. There were a lot more wannabees on the list
also I think.

Yes. I think of this homestead list as a microcosm of the country. We who choose the homestead lifestyle are a tiny percentage of the greater population. Membership here, especially of homesteader wannabes, reflects economic conditions.

One always knows the wannabes. They ask the same questions we have answered several times before. Tedious for some, an opportunity for others to provide the answers.

Lately this is the list for homesteaders to discuss politics. I don't
mind that, it's interesting to see what other homestead minded people
think about politics. A list evolves and this one has.

Is it not lovely that we have such luxury? That we have the essentials under control and can spend some time ranting and raving. Mostly ranting. We are quite good ranters.

Part of aging well is keeping one's mind sharp. Here that is possible because many of us trust each other enough to consider seriously opinions that are outside our belief or comfort zone.