homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tone

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tone
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:07:22 EST

> I have failed at my attempt to fit in and
> argue my views without offense. Perhaps I have even worn out my welcome
> here.

Bev, Gene most certainly isn't talking about you.

Before you rejoined the list, it had pretty much dried up. Unlike other
homestead lists that are very deep into homesteading where threads go on for
some
time with people exulting "Aha! I'm off the grid!" "I haven't been in the
grocery store in months." "I find I didn't need a job after all!" "I felt
lousy until I got out here on homestead" ... unlike those any threads on
exuberance, philosophy of homesteading, or such are short lived.

When the authors of most whining posts moved over to Robinson's Losers List
and we lost Tvo, most posts were the occasional political diatribe which
always included Lynda declaring someone or the other to be the dregs of
humanity.
There'd be an occasional question raised about a specific homestead issue and
an occasional report from someone's farm. The list would go for days with no
posts.

When you rejoined the volume picked up considerable simply becasue you
initiated threads, some which went nowhere but many that did.

There are a number of lists and blogs that do deal with homesteading beyond
the "think the rain will ruin the rhubarb?" type posts. They are full of
optimism about the benefits of an alternate lifestyle. This list is what it
is
and pretty much always has been.