homestead - Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:24:07 -0700

I am guessing as to
what the effects of realy long term motor fuel above $3 or $4 a gallon will have
on rural living. For those of us who basically stay put, we can minimize the
effect. But those dependent on going out every day, or simply can't abide
any other lifestyle, I'm wondering how many will choose to remain living "out".

And there you have made lemonade of lemons. Something to look forward to for many.

In truth, high transportation costs might well change society for the better in many ways. Perhaps strolling past porches and talking to one's neighbors will return. Okay, so I am prone to romantic hallucination.