homestead - Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:27:44 EST

(Toni)
> Even after 6 growing seasons in Kentucky, i will never get used to losing
> 90 days growing season

(Lynda)
> The things I don't miss are the snails and slugs. For whatever reason, we
> don't have any up here.

Folks, please listen to Toni and Lynda. If you are looking for a homestead,
don't ... repeat . DON't... move to Appalachia! They are right. The growing
season is too short, the area is infested with slugs the size of squirrels,
the people only eat cornbread and brown beans and grits and nothning else,
hmmmm
.... lot's of other really bad stuff.

Move to California. Don't even remotely think about moving to Appalachia!