homestead - Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 06:32:26 -0600

Lynda wrote:
Have you seen the movie "Wrong Turn"? Well, we live a hop, skip and a jump
from some of the folks in that movie <g> One treads carefully and one
doesn't drive up on properties if one isn't sure of the welcome!

I did talk to the postal lady the last time we went into town (we don't get
mail delivery, everyone has a post office box) and she said if I wrote them
a letter, she'd drop it in their post office box.
I love the sociology of it.
Round here that's a call ahead because she will tell them all about it (and then some.) Now find a word of mouth person who speaks to them and you're ready to put the note in. Then it'll be okay to go in. Or you'll need to find someone else "local" to go with and you'll probably find they are receptive to meeting you and all say outloud you could have just walked up the first time (which won't be true. It's like using Mr and Mrs to really show you know not to intrude first.)

Kathyann