homestead - Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:28:49 -0800

We are sorta handicapped up here on the ridge because of the woman we bought the place from. Boy, had we only known! <g> Seems her and her son were out of control and the kid road his dirt bike all over the place, cut fences and generally spent his time annoying people. She is about 5'8" tall, a big woman who stomps through life, knows everything and has no respect for any of her neighbors. We're getting the left overs "Oh (raised eyebrows), you bought *xx*'s place" followed by one of those looks. Guilt by sorta association, I guess.

It's an interesting experience. They are gradually getting to accept us for us instead of who lived here before.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "KNat" <knat AT sprintmail.com>

I love the sociology of it.
Round here that's a call ahead because she will tell them all about it
(and then some.) Now find a word of mouth person who speaks to them and
you're ready to put the note in. Then it'll be okay to go in. Or you'll
need to find someone else "local" to go with and you'll probably find
they are receptive to meeting you and all say outloud you could have
just walked up the first time (which won't be true. It's like using Mr
and Mrs to really show you know not to intrude first.)

Kathyann

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.