homestead - Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:44:17 -0500

I heartily agree, Gene........the Ozarks sure are another place i
considered many years back.Fantastic lil' mountains and beauty there,
too. In my heart, the appalachians won out (perhaps some genetic
predispostion, as i am 1st generation Californian away from Kentuck!).
We just can't lose, either place. I think folk like us just make it
work, thru all the work, wake up daily and are so, so glad to be here.
Others couldn't take some of it, and do indeed move away, another
wonderful thing to have had in the scrapbooks of their minds. It seems a
self-regulating thing, and i do not ever imagine the few that could live
in such remote spots and who love it so, will adversly affect our
soitude and bliss. Easier is more important to alot of people,
especially as we are aging a bit, hee-hee.

Back to Holiday Bake-a-thon, Peppermint Twist cookies coming out hot!
Toni
Red River Gorge ( surrrrre does look like deliverance down there - a
short walk from home ;-)

I know of fewer than ten
people who have moved to the Ozarks after reading my book. Of course
they are superior human beings and fully deserve the sublime life there.

If not, they will soon leave. It all works out.
Gene