homestead - Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate

  • From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:22:43 -0400

The previous north Georgia generation had Thunder Road as its image.
Moonshine, fast cars. I still tend to flick my beams when going through
mountains....

And we had some feral hogs shot in our kudzu field this fall...
There's still at least one which weighs over 300 pounds out there,
according to a former neighbor (moved away) who saw it. A few weeks later,
she saw the cougar who ran through our front yard. We have a new owl living
in our barn...cute little thing... silver gray about a foot tall and a
mournful hoot which starts the dog howling....

On our 4 mile long road, our end of the road now has 5 empty houses....
Think it's too remote?