homestead - Re: [Homestead] Back to Mac

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Back to Mac
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 23:17:26 -0800

Seems Corel wasn't doing too well, so they got some money from Microsoft. There seems to be a court case right now about how the money deal came about. And it might explain why Corel dropped their Mac product and WP has almost become a Word clone. Although they still do have a lot of the extra features that Word has never had.

However, there is hope on the horizon since I understand they now make a version for Linus users. I am off to investigate.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

Had I my druthers, I 'd use WordPerfect, but in the real world
everything I get is on MS Word, and that's what I have on my work
computer. It's, alas, become the industry standard. Down the road MS
Word may go away, but I may be dead by then. At least, it won't be one
of major concerns.

Marie

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.