homestead - Re: [Homestead] Back to Mac

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Back to Mac
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 15:57:42 -0800

<g> My second favorite is WordPerfect but they've gone and made it a sorry mirror of Word or whatever current Microsoft piece of junk that is out there. I used WP on those ooolllldddddd Apple IIes, oops age is showing <g> I had WordStar on my old HP Touch Screen. Loved them both!

WordStar was way ahead of its time and then went stagnant %-{ As someone who was typing documents (grants, RFPs, bids, etc.), WordStar was great because of the speed and columns you could turn on and off all over the pages at will.

Now, Word or Works is a program to hate <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>

I hated that program and did what I could to never use it. My first word
processing program was Word Perfect. Many text editors used WordStar
commands so early on I put vi on everything I could even an early Mac. I
spent a lifetime on text editors and integrated development environments
starting in the mid 70s.