homestead - Re: [Homestead] Back to Mac

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Back to Mac
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:25:05 -0600

On 12/16/06, Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net> wrote:

Now most Viri, worms, etc are written by script kiddies. They are just
doing some minor modification to an existing program then parading around
like they did something. There are still new programs being written but
truly original work is rare.

How depressing. Even the hackers are semi-automated, sort of.

Another theory I've pondered on is that all the companies out there
selling protection from various viruses, worms, etc. have a small,
elite group working on new ones... but, hey, that's paranoid.

The more serious problem is spam. The main reason that I finally
switched to Gmail was that my ISP-based accounts were overrun by spam.
I've yet to find a decent spamblocking software.

Marie