homestead - Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 23:23:47 -0800

Well, if I could figure out where they have a door, I just might. There isn't a house. There's an old diesel pusher, what looks like about a 20' travel trailer and an old cabover camper but we never see anyone around. Well, except a couple of times of the year when they go out and play with a couple of really old Caterpillar earth movers.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <tonitime AT juno.com>

Lynda Dear,
the squeaky wheel gets the grease.........and if i remember right,
you can squeak! Gee, bop by and ask them if they might no longer need
that hoop house in their lives....it might become your project for a
slight fee. I received mine from a friend mushroom grower who had extra
pieces laying in a field, and no time to get them up and running. He
gave me half of what was laying there. Now i just have to come up with
framing lumber for the ends, decide if i want a high tunnel, and the
covering.....and some big strong neighbor fellas who are better with
tools than i am and have eaten bounty from my gardens for the last 5
years, hee-hee! Hope to get it up before early spring hits.

Are you going to try for it?!