homestead - Re: [Homestead] Back to Mac

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Back to Mac
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:52:15 -0800

On another list, I was talking to someone about the OLD WordStar program and they compared it to something that Apple/Mac had going. This person left the list in the middle of the conversation (husband was killed in Afghanistan).

Would you know what she was talking about? Your reference to manuvering at the command line sounds familiar.

Or are you familiar with the old WordStar program? If not, with WordStar you just buzzed along and typed the commands for things like bold and underline as you wrote and your hands never had to leave the keyboard. Loved the that old program <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

When I worked at the ad agency, pre homesteading, we always had anti
viruse software on them, but the PCs were the big concern. Not enough
Apples out there for the virus guys to mess with.

I never did get to like the OS X Mail program. You can download
Outlook Express if you don't feel right with Mail:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx

Of course, most of the "true" Apple people I know love Mail and all
the other extras that come with OS X.

If you really get into OS X, being able to manuever at the command
line in unix is great and powerful.