homestead - Re: [Homestead] Back to Mac

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Back to Mac
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 07:58:45 -0500

One of the big advantages is that those felons who produce viruses are
not as mad as Mac as they are at Microsoft, so the virus problem is
much less serious.

When I worked at the ad agency, pre homesteading, we always had anti
viruse software on them, but the PCs were the big concern. Not enough
Apples out there for the virus guys to mess with.

I never did get to like the OS X Mail program. You can download
Outlook Express if you don't feel right with Mail:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx

Of course, most of the "true" Apple people I know love Mail and all
the other extras that come with OS X.

If you really get into OS X, being able to manuever at the command
line in unix is great and powerful.

Rob

Rob