homestead - Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Big basil and other features of a hot climate
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 23:44:03 -0800

Well, Gene would have a heck of a lot more daytime heat than we had on the coast but we didn't get as cold at night, so what I did was put the cherry tomatoes on the deck with the sliding glass doors behind them. Built them each there little plastic "houses." The doors faced southwest and got lots of sun which bounced back on the little "houses" and we had tomatoes all year. Of course, we grew cherry tomatoes on the porch which don't need as much heat as the big slicing tomatoes but they sure are yummy in salads all year!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>