homestead - Re: [Homestead] Solo building methods

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: bartermn AT epix.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Solo building methods
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:42:14 -0700

I tried to do the ceiling area of our shower. I
couldn't make it smooth for the life of me.

Think Michelangelo at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Build scaffolding and lay on your back while plastering.

Yes, I'm joking.

On the sloping ceiling and the short back wall of the East Wing I used what in Ozark County is called dairy board. It is white, plasticized and stiff and is held on with special fasteners. It reflects light wonderfully and washes down easily. Has a slight texture, so doesn't blind one with reflection. It was awkward to install by myself.