homestead - Re: [Homestead] Solo building methods

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: bartermn AT epix.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Solo building methods
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:35:30 -0700

Gene mentioned a vapor barrier behind his ceilings, I am thinking of
rolling out felt paper before installed the lujan underlayment. Any advice?

I have limited experience with this but I would use the felt paper down first. It is inexpensive, will slow moisture movement and will cushion what goes above it. Floors move, so smoothing around nails and knots is good but may be temporary. The felt paper provides more protection.