homestead - Re: [Homestead] Solo building methods

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Solo building methods
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 17:03:56 -0600

I've found that it helps to clean out the crack and then use tape in
addition to mud. If the house continues to settle, though, I don't know of
any fix that is permanent. Gravity seems to be the trump card, then! The
cracks in my old house stopped once we repaired some joists that had gone
bad (sistered them), as that stopped the settling.

Gloria

I believe that's what we used.