homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:58:34 -0700

So, just curious, what diseases are you going to prevent by "choice" and
what do you mean by "choice?"

In case this is directed to me, please see my previous post on choice which I wrote in response to Van Dell's question.

As to which diseases can be prevented by human choices, I am not a god except in the sense that Teilhard de Chardin spoke of:

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

There is far more that I do not know than what I do know. Just listing the diseases I do know that are human-caused would create a letter far longer than should ever be posted here. And to what purpose? Just to satisfy your curiosity? My time is much too valuable to me.

Some easy ones: lung cancer and heart disease caused by smoking, cirrhosis of the liver caused by excessive alcohol consumption, melanoma caused by sun exposure, crushing caused by driving badly.