homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:54:19 -0800

EarthNSky wrote:

I'm not sure anything is out of bounds for this list so I am posting
this here. If it *is* too political, just ignore it.
Here is my question for you:
For those who are happy about the change of power, what do you hope the
Democrats will be able to accomplish in the next two years that would
not have been accomplished otherwise? Please don't be vague and say
something like "healthcare reform". Try to be as specific as possible.
For example, if you expect to see ALL the troops home, say that, or
maybe you expect to have 90% of the troops home.
Sorry for the start of a possible firestorm here, but I am just curious
as to what people expect to happen as a result of the change. I'll be
reading and learning. Thanks.

Bev

Who's not happy to some of the old kooks go, like Santorum? But I wonder, which candidate ran under the only promise that could ever possibly stop this war, that of reining in Israel? So I wouldn't expect anything great, and if anything, I'd expect their old childishness and vindictiveness to get the better of them, now that they have just enough ammo to shoot themselves in the foot again.

You can be happy that terrorists will be able to receive their phone calls from abroad in private, I guess.

Bill