homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Mexicans question

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Mexicans question
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:37:46 -0600

Gene GeRue wrote:
How many of us will happily pay more for produce picked by American citizens, which would no doubt raise the price?
But it grows prettier in other areas (where pesticides do not have the same controls BTW.) Even if it tastes better here and has more nutrients from less trucking, 90% of our food here is not from this country so we'd have to export the American workers.

Kathyann