homestead - Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:37:49 -0800

We've had nuclear power plants since 1954. What are they waiting for? How long does the challenge have to be around? Do they need a seeing eye dog so "ways can be found"?

They don't care, PERIOD! The old "won't happen in my lifetime [spell that political lifetime], who cares" mentality is alive and well in the political community and the science community seems oblivious when it comes to working on ways to clean it up and make it safer! Why should they worry, they'll dump the stuff on super poor communities that have no political clout!

Lynda