homestead - Re: [Homestead] Missouri Design for Conservation

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Missouri Design for Conservation
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 22:18:55 -0700

Every time I hear about "re-creating" anything I think of Pandora's Box.

Rob

At 10/9/2006 09:47 PM,SISU! wrote:
I was thinking the same thing, Rob. The scary thing is that when we
start playing around trying to "fix" the mistakes of humanities' past,
we end up creating more problems. It's only a matter of time until we
re-create the wooly mammoth to graze on the plains. That'd be a sight,
wouldn't it?

Rob wrote:

> At 10/9/2006 09:28 PM,Bill Jones wrote:
>
>> The wolf lovers have yet to demonstrate an actual need
>>for wolves, outside their own fantasies.
>>
>>Bill
>>S. Oregon coast
>

> Nature is a complex balance, it's really hard to say what is needed
> and what is not.
>

> Rob
>
> becida AT comcast.net
> Western Washington State, USA

> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/erthnsky%40bellsouth.net
> View the archives at:

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky