homestead - Re: [Homestead] Missouri Design for Conservation

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Missouri Design for Conservation
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:31:53 -0700

Actually Bill, the majority of folks polled and in areas where there were votes, the majority who voted, were pro-wolf.

The "to die" part feeds in to mythology. You won't find a human wolf kill in the U.S.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>

The earth will disappear into a swollen sun eventually, so nothing we do
matters. This may be, but it's too broad to lead anywhere as an ethical
principle. I like to look at it in terms of conditional statements. If
you want oxygen, then you need abundant plants. If you want your cake
to succeed, then you need to have the oven at 350. If you want ---,
then you need wolves. I could fill in the blank humorously with "to
die" or "less deer" but seriously, I can't help but think that the real
answer is "a petting zoo for city people" to enjoy. Even if it's a good
idea, I don't see how it carries the same weight as other environmental
concerns, such as our need for oxygen.

Since this is clearly happening without the "consent of the governed,"
and they're spending a bundle on it, I'd prefer to do as my mom would
have said: "Let's not and say we did."

Bill
S. Oregon coast