homestead - Re: [Homestead] Harpie visit

  • From: WILLIAM <billymegab AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Harpie visit
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:42:04 -0700 (PDT)

Lisa,

I'm thinking about a nice outdoor solar heated shower. Right now I just use
the hot water from my black hose when coditions are right!! LOL

What will yours look like??

William

"Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com> wrote:
On 6/8/06, Keith B wrote:

> Not sure if I qualify as a homesteader anymore either, as we sold the cows
> and butchered the hogs last fall.

Sure you are, you've done more than most of us who are active or lurking on
this list. At least on the Carla Emery master list, you can check off more
things than I can. ;)

Time for me to go to work. It's nice to be working at home again. I finished
> a large (600 sq.ft.) deck last week for a former BIL.

Wish we could hire you--we need two decks built (and assorted odd jobs).
Hubby is a musician and summers (especially weekends) are his busiest time
of year. The carpenters and handy men around here are so busy they don't
return calls. I'm ready to learn and to assist someone, anyone, but my
right wrist won't allow me to do much.

I am supposed to start a siding job next week. I'm hoping to be ready to
> hook up the water to the cabin before I do.

Our cabin is about 90% done. Friends of ours laughed and said that
qualifies as a completed cabin around here. We pulled electric (not sure if
that was the right thing) and water to it two years ago, but have yet to
install the outdoor solar heated shower. We have a mama bear woodstove
ready to be installed the next time we have a few able-bodied men over
without present back problems who feel up to moving a chunk of steel. We
are considering finding someone who will live in the cabin gratis, in
exchange for them taking care of the animals when we're gone and helping
maintain the farm 10-15 hours a month.

I need a kitchen sink faucet, a water heater and the upstairs bathroom
> fixtures.

Have you looked into those wall unit water heaters that heat on demand? We
learned about it too late for our addition, never compared prices, but it
saved space and energy.

Lisa
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/billymegab%40yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com
>From erthnsky AT bellsouth.net Thu Jun 8 11:58:35 2006
by imf16aec.mail.bellsouth.net with ESMTP id

<20060608155834.NLFT9760.imf16aec.mail.bellsouth.net AT ibm58aec.bellsouth.net>
for <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>; Thu, 8 Jun 2006 11:58:34 -0400