homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cooking day

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cooking day
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:54:29 -0400 (EDT)

>ThatÂ’s a lot of questions. I have an old Servel gas refirgerator as a
>backup/shop/beer fridge. It runs on propane. A LOT of propane. I think
>electricity is a more efficient source of cooling than the gas. When
>propane shot up in price I turned the Servel off and am using a small
>electric for now. I am not aware of a gas freezer available for sale.

RVs use propane for the refrigerator and freezer. Most are set up for
propane and 120VAC. Some are also setup for 12VDC. The one I have is
smaller and is only AC or propane. It does a very good job even here in
muggy houston. They are available at RV salvage yards and at any RV store.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com

My travel journal