homestead - [Homestead] Cooking day

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Cooking day
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:40:25 -0400

I am now about halfway through with cooking today. I made my X-grain
bread, 2 squash casseroles for the freezer, and am currently working on
a zucchini quiche and some squash bread. After that, I'll start on an
apple salad(waldorf type) and mix up some marinades for a couple of legs
of lamb and a pork tenderloin for grilling and consumption later in the
week. Except for the saltines, flour, cheese, and soy sauce, almost
everything is home grown....It's a good feeling to be putting up food
and to know that it'll be already cooked and ready to heat up when I
want it! It's amazing how fast you can use a dozen eggs if you have an
abundance of squashes. :) I like to "batch cook", it just seems to save
time and energy in the long run. Many days I am too tired to cook
supper, and it makes it simple to pull a home cooked meal out of the
freezer and pop it in the microwave.

Bev
--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W